PAT testing in Dorset, Wessex PAT Testing look after Dorset Hotels, Factories, Offices, Restaurants, Guest Houses, Airbnbs, Holiday Homes, Bed and Breakfasts, Schools, Care homes and Shops.
Why PAT Test appliances?
- The UK Health and Safety Executive and insurance companies will expect regular PAT Testing to ensure that you are compliant with safety regulations.
- The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 require that any electrical equipment that has the potential to cause injury is maintained in a safe condition.
- Current UK legislation states that businesses, shops and guest accommodation must maintain electrical equipment in a safe condition.
- Employers have a legal responsibility to ensure the health and safety of employees and the public.
- PAT testing has become a standard way of meeting these legal obligations and Wessex PAT Testing can ensure you are compliant.
What is the cost of PAT Testing?
- The attendance fee for Dorset is £39.95 Plus £1.00 per item tested. (discounts available over 100 items).
- We are not VAT registered and your certificates will be issued upon receipt of payment.
What legal penalties can apply?
- This will depend on the severity of the situation, the penalty for not meeting legal obligations on electrical appliance safety can be as high as 2 years’ imprisonment, as well as an unlimited financial penalty.
What will you receive?
- Upon completion of the portable appliance inspection and testing by Wessex PAT Testing, you will receive a report that details the following;
- A full PAT testing certificate and a list of any failed items.
- A visible pass or fail label on each appliance detailing the inspection date and next test due.
Call the team: 01305 558100 / 07570 770780
There is no reference to any prescribed frequency or test method or PAT testing but we recommend every 12 months.
Useful information (External websites)